Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Hope is a good thing

In Ayn Rand’s novel, Atlas Shrugged, Ken Danagger asks Dagny Taggart:

“And if you met those great men in heaven, . . . what would you want to say to them?”

“Just . . . just hello, I guess.”

“That’s not all,” said Danagger. “There’s something you’d want to hear from them . . . you’d want them to look at you and say, Well done.”

I hope even i get a well done and a pat on my back from my heroes in heaven. I hope i deserve it. I hope i live my life in a way that makes me deserve it.

Tesla sir are you listening? Whenever i see lightning in the sky, i know you are at one of your experiments up there. You have been one of my major motivations. I don't know how i would do justice to you.. but i would.. i hope i would.

As in Shawshank Redemption

Andy Dufresne: [in letter to Red] "Remember Red, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."

Hope is a good thing when you are not sure about how things would work out. Don't forget to hope.



Nilesh J Sakpal :)


No comments:

Post a Comment